All 26 art Reviews

STARBARIANS STARBARIANS

I know something is good

When my jaw drops. Flawless composition, amazing lineart, awesome coloring and great lighting.

A++

sucho responds:

i hope you like it, this is the last time i do lineart

ever

Justin Bieber cover Justin Bieber cover

JB sucks; you don't.

People on this site never cease to amaze me (and sometimes amuse me) with their stupidity. This is Newgrounds, thus, the score of this review is based entirely on how good the art is, and it's terrific. I agree Justine Beaver's music is terrible, but if you wanna review her music, go on RollingStone.com or PitchforkMedia; but this is merely graphic. And if you wanna score this low because it's 'sellout', go back to doing meth in your department.

I have to say that i really like your coloring style, there's a really pretty looking metallic feel to the colors, and I think it's really admirable that you went for such a complicated perspective, and you nailed it properly. Outstanding job!

Bullsik responds:

Thank you.
Personally, I think it's hilarious that I, a Marilyn Manson fan, am drawing Justin Bieber cover. People are just way to serious.

Engine Engine

Holy crap!

This is amazing; not only I really respect the amount of time this must've consumed, but on an artistic side, this is really well done. The shading and detail are both amazing, and the fact that it was made with acrylics is just even better. Probably the only problem I would have with this is that it might be a bit unbalanced juxtaposition wise, but everything else is just flawless. I would love to see some steampunk from you :)

AssKiller responds:

Thanks for the great comment. Yeah there's litteraly no composition in this piece since it's entirely filled with random crap haha.

The Doctor The Doctor

Jeesuuuus....

This is just shocking, beautiful analysis on proportions, I just love then concept on it's very own nature too, every trinket, device and instrument looks really original, and the design is great.

But that's only half of it, the texture created and applied on the clothes is amazing and realistic, the foreshortening is just as good too, and the whole color scheme is intriguing and macabre, keep at it dude, you're really good, definitely putting you on my faves.

Homonid en Repose Homonid en Repose

question

is the artist measuring anatomy or giving thumbs up?

sucho responds:

Disneyland! Disneyland!

This reminds me

of my beautiful childhood

Comick responds:

How wonderful! :3

The Living Dead - Zombies The Living Dead - Zombies

And if you can read that...

There's also a big chance you can communicate with � signs! Newgrounds always blocks all fun characters.

I have to say, wow. Really, wow, I seriously could not make such composition without going clinically insane. This is definitely on my top 3 favorite art pieces on the portal. I really like how you actually were able to put up with such insanity of a project without either saying "fuck it" or diminishing the quality of the zombies onscreen.

The composition is probably my favorite part, shows you really know what you're doing. Even though it is extremely complete and there's no such thing as an empty space, the soldier with the handgun and the zombie in the middle are what catch the eye the most, and personally, I believe they are what's drawn and colored the best, and basically have the best expression, which basically draws the bar for the rest of the great details. You go dude!

TheShadling responds:

Wow sweet review! thanks pal.

Astarte Astarte

This actually made me laugh.

I feel really idiotic by not realizing how it was actually intended to be viewed. I actually tried to focus on viewing the pattern of strokes, then I actually backed out a few steps from my comp. I have to say this is a most amazing job. At distance, the strokes make a perfectly subtle texture, and the colors merge greatly.
Really amazing to see someone going for something like this now, and actually well executed.

W-P-S responds:

thank you kindly!

The Birth of Frida The Birth of Frida

Just gonna drop this here:

ForeverEmo: I have to give you a nice big clap for making a great insight of this, but I am afraid you got a fact wrong.
Although it is true that Frida Kahlo's husband used to abuse her on a regular basis, she did look, for the most part, like she is pictured in her self portraits, however, it is true that she used to over ugly herself as a reaction to her husband's terrible ways, but your main mistake is that she did not suffer an accident because of her husband. She did, in fact, suffer a terrible accident, but this was when she was young, she got horribly hurt on a train station, and was pierced by a steel pipe, which practically destroyed her reproductive system, leaving her unable to have children, and, later on, seeing monkeys as her only friends.

Either way, art wise, this is amazing, the details in the anatomy are amazing, and I really like the way the colors seem like those of paintings back in the day.

Sorry to de-cider that I turned you into an art history lesson sandwich, haha!

Sabtastic responds:

Mmm... art sandwiches.

Thanks, Zyph! :D

Helpless Motion Helpless Motion

This is great

The perspective is just fucking sick.